► Who can join LCA?
Both parents must be Christians and be faithful, active members in a church which has the Bible as its textbook, and BOTH must agree that home education is the best choice for their family for the upcoming year.
The primary teacher should not be employed full-time outside of the home.
Membership in HSLDA is required until the child is 16 years old.
Standardized testing is required for 4th-11th grades.
Adherence to LCA policies and guidelines in regards to record keeping, meetings, attendance, activities and dress code as explained in the LCA Member Manual.
► Who can take classes?
Students who are enrolled full time with LCA may take as many or as few classes as they need.
Part-time students (high school only) may take as many or as few classes as they need. Classes for high school students are available on Thursdays. Friday classes from 9:00 – 11:00 are also available for part-time students.
► Can Elementary students be part-time students?
No. Part-time is only available for 9th-12th grades.
► What does LCA offer for Full Time Enrollment?
- High school coordinator to assist students and parents in high school planning for graduation, college and/or vocation.
- Office staff ensuring professional maintenance of student records.
- Team Leaders to assist in orientation, curriculum assistance and is responsible for meeting with families to ensure proper record keeping, attendance and coordinating the assigned LCA event.
- Referral services for those who need special tutors or testing.
- Monthly newsletter and access to website
- On-line attendance
- Graduation ceremony with diploma
- Discounts on school insurance, assessment testing, PSAT and AP testing
- ACEA coordinator for state and national competitions.
- Lunch and chapel service on Fridays
- Student Activities:
- High School Formal
- Science Fair
- Fine Arts Festival
- Academic Testing
- ACEA state and national competitions
- Fall Festival
- Choral Concerts
- Christmas Concerts
- Field trip coordinator
- Classes K-12 on Thursdays and Fridays.